Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

                                              Happy new year

Good morning. Today is the first day that it has been cool down here in Georgia.  I can't help thinking that the cold weather would have been nice around Christmas.  But i have to say that i am glad that the weather was warm for my daughter's visit. the grandkids were able to get out and play on the playground. We went to the air force museum. it is the 2nd largest in the states.  and we went to the Atlanta Aquarium.  that was sooo crowded, but we all enjoyed it.  Jerry and i have passes,so we plan to run up and hope that it isn't crowded.  I had hoped to get to stone mountain, but there wasnt enough time.   Jerry and i were up there last year and we really enjoyed it.  we hope to go again.  My fave part was the plantation .  they have brought different buildings to the compound, such as a dr office,school, and slave houses.  I just love this picture of the old barn with the wagon wheels.  There is still a lot at stone mountain that we didnt do.  I gotta tell you that we wont be going down the sledding runs. too old for that. but this summer we might ride the ducks. I never did that in Ohio ( you could ride on the Ohio river), so i would love to do that now.  I hope to be on the blog more this year.

Blessings, Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment